As promised, I leave you here with a link to the slides and also a summary of the resources I link to from that presentation:
On asynchronous programming
- Lucian Wishik's talk from NDC 2012: Part 1, Part 2
- Stephen Toubs Task Asynchronous Pattern (TAP) paper
- The Async Semaphore class by Stephen Toub. (Check out more of his posts, for instance his async-await FAQ, when you're there!)
On MVVM and Databinding
- The MVVM Pattern from Microsoft Patterns and Practices
- The MVVM Light Toolkit. Note: You can also install this via NuGet with "Install-Package MvvmLight"
- Achieving Databound Visual States in Windows 8 Metro apps.
- More on Attached Properties
Creating user controls and getting to know the UI framework
- Scott Guthrie on Control Templates
- The Visual Tree vs the Logical Tree from Josh Smith at Codeproject.com
- Creating Custom dependency properties (MSDN)